Thursday 12 June 2014

Supporting local charities

Like many of us nowadays - things are a struggle. I have shopped at charity shops for years and have worked in one for a couple of years also. I have written about it in a short fiction story and used ideas for poetry too. Best of all is the fact that I find something I actually like. In general; when shopping with my daughter I get it wrong ... as all Mum's (I hope) do with a fourteen year old! I can never find anything I like in the shops but always find something great in charity shops.

Today I bought a baking book on cupcakes - the first in the Primrose Baking series and a DVD from yesteryear for my daughter - I believe we never grow too old for such things ( I will not publish the series but it involves ponies and being six) - I know I need to let her go and grow up but I am lucky and she still has that child in her (bit like her Mum). I also bought a white linen top, which I think will make me look very arty or is it thespian I am not sure... It is for the garden when too hot to sit in the sun - as it is getting to be here this week. It is good for us fairer skins to cover up - but I get so hot! Need to dig out the floppy hat next.

Anyhow getting back to why I'm posting. I went and bought the items and on the price label there was a beautiful wording; which I felt I should share here. The cause is 'Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice' and you can see more of their work at  http://www.pth.org.uk/.

It is local and supported with very generous donations and they now have a furniture shop too I believe, in the locality. The motto they use on their tag; which describes their work for our local sufferers of long standing and non-curable diseases says -

'... because every day is precious.'

Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment