Tuesday 10 June 2014

Poem - 'Blue'

I wrote this poem last year and sent it for a submission theme that centred around mental health issues. It was for mslexia magazine which I can recommend to any women writers . I have sent work and competition entries to them this year and am hopeful my poetry I submitted maybe to their liking. Very excited as Wendy Cope is the judge this year. I am just happy to have the privilege of; perhaps her reading it - never mind if it is published or I win anything. That's the beauty of these things.

Anyhow here's my poem entitled 'Blue'. It is very personal to me but I believe I must put it on my blog right now.

Blue

Eyes sparkle
Azure like diamonds
Blue sapphire
Bright topaz skies
Like my eyes.

Sadness sighs
Stolen sparkle
Stolen heart
My heart is blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment