Tuesday 10 June 2014

Freewrite (spellos allowed) - Blue

I have been sitting in the garden this morning. With a cup of coffee - instant barista style in my mug. The mug is blue with little stars. There are no stars out now just blue skies with fluffy white candyfloss clouds like grannies white hair.
I can smell fresh air blown in from the storm yesterday. Wet grass under my feet fresh linen. The sun-cream I have applied to my face and arms - even at early sun  I will burn - never brown. It smells of the seaside and tickles like hives. I want to wash it off...
I close my eyes. Sounds of the bumble fill my head. Two flit over the flowering shrub behind me. I open my eyes and they fall to the ground fighting for the nectar from the same flower head. I tell them to leave it alone. One flies off. Looking at grass the clover is visited. Another bumble hovers sucking in what it needs. So many bees. An ant tickles my foot. I brush it away. Don't like ants...
I get up and move my chair. My daughter's chair - I don't like mine... It is army camo colours in green - very camoflagued here behind the rose tree and bushes where I can see my whole garden. The wind is stronger today and the oak trees behind me are swaying rustling their leaves sounding like waves at the beach. My eyes are closed to chill and mind picks up each sound. The big dog barks. The birds - swifts shriek and the crow caws grumpily. The sparrow of which are plentiful pick at the fence and tweet in the tree and confer hedge. I imagine their heads turning left and right - surveying. The sparrow hawk has left. They are safe for now. Someone is using a chainsaw. Breaks up the silence. I open my eyes an all I see; is blue.



No comments:

Post a Comment