Tuesday 3 June 2014

Midsummer? Flaming June?!

I wrote a poem yesterday. The sun was out; another warm day. I thought - hooray June is here - that pensive month before many birthdays...

On Sunday, sitting in my parents garden I did lots of observation. It was the most beautiful day we have had so far this year. I am hoping there will be many more of the same but judging today's wet and dreary appearance I may be mistaken.


Anyway here's my poem for today. A fellow OU A215er that I follow at yappinandyarnin has inspired me to post a poem today; although I'm not sure I can keep up with one a day





'Garden'

Azaleas and conifers
In my father's garden.
Bird table stands and fat balls swing
In my father's garden.
Where robins flock and pigeons rock
In my father's garden.

The birds fly free - food to be had
In my father's garden.
Admired by all, the birds are watched
In my father's garden.
Birds catered for by Mum not Dad
In my father's garden.





No comments:

Post a Comment